Vintage Carved Chest, Oriental, Camphorwood, Linen Trunk, Art Deco, Circa 1940
Our Stock # 18.7107
This is a vintage carved chest. An Oriental, camphorwood and brass linen trunk with Art Deco taste, dating to the mid 20th century, circa 1940.
- Profusely carved and of substantial proportion
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in very good order
- Camphorwood shows fine grain interest throughout
- Presented with a quality wax polish finish
- Decorated with two bands of carved peonies from the front and across the lid
- Wonderfully pronounced flowerheads against a ground of broad leaves and rising stems
- Panels to rear with an alternate carved pattern, issuing roses with continuous leaf motif
- Naturally finished interior offers light caramel hues and the desirable aroma typical of camphorwood
- Stout lid held securely by large brass clasp, engraved with flying bird detail and copious leaves
- Generously sized dovetail joints to each chamfered corner
- Recessed carved handles taking the form of decorative sea shells
- Raised prominently upon four shaped bracket feet with square cut edges
This is a delightful vintage carved chest, with pleasingly figured camphorwood. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 91.5cm (36'')
Max Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Height: 51cm (20'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World