Vintage Box Compass, English, Oak, Brass, Gimbal, Maritime, Navigation, Aid
Our Stock # 18.6392
This is a vintage box compass. An English, oak and brass gimbal maritime navigation aid, dating to the early 20th century, circa 1930.
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Compass glass in clear, bright order
- Oak case shows fine grain interest
- Compass encased in a polished brass bezel
- Gimbal system allows steady readings in unsettled conditions
- Cardinal and intercardinal points, with fleur-de-lys north marking
- Quality case with sliding cover
- Metal maker's plate for B. Cooke and Son, of Hull
This is an appealing vintage compass, ideal for pleasure yachting or as a desk ornament. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 20.5cm (8'')
Max Depth: 20.5cm (8'')
Max Height: 14.5cm (5.75'')
Compass Diameter 13cm (5")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World