Victorian Antique Side Table with Inlaid Chess Board, English c.1880
Our Stock # LFA-1688
This is a delightful Victorian antique side table with inlaid chess board, an English piece dating to c.1880.
- English walnut displaying desirable swirly grain in a polished finish
- Good colour in the butterscotch hues beneath a wax polished finish
- Of good proportion with a desirable aged patina and retaining period features
- The birch and walnut inlaid chessboard framed in a crossband featuring a variety of interesting woods
- A dual railed boxwood string perimeter punctuated with geometric inlay
- A chamfered edge detail over modest frieze with string detail
- A stable platform raised on four ring turned and tapered legs
- United by a cylinder stretcher capped and hung with finial adornment
- Standing upon square section cabriole legs decorated with carved acanthus leaves and carvings
A jolly attractive table with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 86.5cm (34'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 71cm (28'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World