Victorian Antique Settee, Rosewood, English, 3 Seater Sofa Circa 1850
Our Stock # 11.3499
This is a Victorian antique settee on a rosewood frame, an English 19th century sofa dating to circa 1850.
- A sumptuous piece of Victorian elegance
- Dark rosewood frame with good colour and desirable aged patina
- Broad, comfortable seat with supportive high back panel
- Raised on cabriole legs all round; Four to the front
- Carved shell detail to the knee and scrolled foot
- Three-quarter serpentine seat rail runs sinuously around
- Seat panel well sprung and in good order
- Professionally re-upholstered some time ago in a damask cloth reminiscent of William Morris
- Traditionally stuffed and set off with a studded finish
- Beautifully formed, oblique, carved arms complete with padded armrests
- Rising into the shaped back panel with humped cresting rail
- Displaying central carved garlands and swags of floral and foliate interest
An appealing and attractive period piece. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 178cm (70'')
Max Depth: 84cm (33'')
Max Height: 107cm (42.25'')
Seat Width: 160cm (63'')
Seat Depth: 56cm (22'')
Seat Height: 34cm (13.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World