Victorian Antique Settee, Rosewood, English, 3 Seater Sofa Circa 1850
Our Stock # 11.3499
This is a Victorian antique settee on a rosewood frame, an English 19th century sofa dating to circa 1850.
- A sumptuous piece of Victorian elegance
- Dark rosewood frame with good colour and desirable aged patina
- Broad, comfortable seat with supportive high back panel
- Raised on cabriole legs all round; Four to the front
- Carved shell detail to the knee and scrolled foot
- Three-quarter serpentine seat rail runs sinuously around
- Seat panel well sprung and in good order
- Professionally re-upholstered some time ago in a damask cloth reminiscent of William Morris
- Traditionally stuffed and set off with a studded finish
- Beautifully formed, oblique, carved arms complete with padded armrests
- Rising into the shaped back panel with humped cresting rail
- Displaying central carved garlands and swags of floral and foliate interest
An appealing and attractive period piece. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 178cm (70'')
Max Depth: 84cm (33'')
Max Height: 107cm (42.25'')
Seat Width: 160cm (63'')
Seat Depth: 56cm (22'')
Seat Height: 34cm (13.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.