Victorian Antique Davenport, English Oak Writing Desk, Bureau Circa 1870
Our Stock # 11.3281
This is a Victorian antique Davenport in English oak. A small writing desk bureau, dating to c.1870.
- Attractive grain interest in the oak with medullary rays present
- Deep patinated tones to polished wax finish
- Contrasting inner with desirable birch finish
- Rising from stepped bun feet with inset castors
- Gold-tooled, olive green writing surface - with embossed centre - to the angled fall
- Document space within complimented by faux drawers over dog kennel cubbies
- Locks present throughout - untested as keys absent
- A set of four drawers to the right-hand side behind a field panel door
- Drawers showing fine craftsmanship in mahogany; with dovetails and inset pulls
- Upper section within a deep well providing useful storage below the hinged lid
- Pen rest and inkwell present
- Shaped brackets at the upper and lower with ecclesiastical overtones
An appealing bureau with a finished back - a charming addition to any setting. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 60cm (23.5'')
Max Depth: 58cm (22.75'')
Max Height: 88cm (34.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.