Victorian Antique Davenport, English Oak Writing Desk, Bureau Circa 1870
Our Stock # 11.3281
This is a Victorian antique Davenport in English oak. A small writing desk bureau, dating to c.1870.
- Attractive grain interest in the oak with medullary rays present
- Deep patinated tones to polished wax finish
- Contrasting inner with desirable birch finish
- Rising from stepped bun feet with inset castors
- Gold-tooled, olive green writing surface - with embossed centre - to the angled fall
- Document space within complimented by faux drawers over dog kennel cubbies
- Locks present throughout - untested as keys absent
- A set of four drawers to the right-hand side behind a field panel door
- Drawers showing fine craftsmanship in mahogany; with dovetails and inset pulls
- Upper section within a deep well providing useful storage below the hinged lid
- Pen rest and inkwell present
- Shaped brackets at the upper and lower with ecclesiastical overtones
An appealing bureau with a finished back - a charming addition to any setting. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 60cm (23.5'')
Max Depth: 58cm (22.75'')
Max Height: 88cm (34.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World