Victorian Antique Bow-Back Chair, English Elm Windsor c.1870
Our Stock # 12.1553
This is a Victorian, antique, low bow-back chair, sometimes referred to as a 'Smokers' or 'Captain's' chair. An English elm Windsor piece from the mid 19th century c.1870.
- Attractive deep, rich tones to the elm with a desirable aged patina
- Displaying good grain detail in the shaped seat slab
- Ring turned front legs and stretchers
- Flared, circular section rear legs
- Double box stretchered for added strength and stability
- Ring turned spindles rise obliquely to the horseshoe armrest
- Crowned with the aesthetically pleasing scroll back featuring a 'butler's grasp'
An inviting piece of English country furniture. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 78cm (30.75'')
Seat Width: 43.25cm (17'')
Seat Depth: 43.25cm (17'')
Seat Height: 45cm (17.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World