Traditional Oriental Rosewood Dining Table and Set of 6 Chairs Carved Late C20th
Our Stock # 12.1700
This is a traditional, oriental rosewood dining table and set of 6 chairs, a carved suite of fine quality crafted in the late 20th century, c.1980.
- Entirely made from solid, and heavy, rosewood with a hand applied dark cherry finish
- Profusely carved, galleried table base featuring six columns and feet
- Each column guarded by carved dragons with balls in their mouths
- The paw feet supporting a pierced apron
- The five foot diameter table top displaying grain interest
- A protective glass sheet for use if desired
- The apron intricately carved with inter-twining fire-breathing dragons
- The lower edge sinuously shaped, softening the edge detail
- A set of 6 chairs stand upon cabriole legs and paw feet
- Broad seat rails, decorated with pierced carvings support the panelled seat
- Curvaceous form to the stiles and splat
- The crest rail and upper splat feature carved and pierced decoration
In Chinese tradition, the circle is a symbol of unity and eternity, a principle embodied within this suite. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Height: 77cm (30.25'')
Max Depth: 155cm (61'')
Max Width: 155cm (61'')
Max Width: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Depth: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Height: 99cm (39'')
Seat Width: 44cm (17.25'')
Seat Depth: 40cm (15.75'')
Seat Height: 43cm (17'')
Additional 4 chairs available here
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.