Tall Antique Bookcase Cabinet, English, Slim Display Case, Victorian, Circa 1860
Our Stock # 18.8386
This is a tall antique bookcase cabinet. An English, mahogany and Bird's Eye Maple display cabinet, dating to the mid Victorian period, circa 1860.
- Wonderful proportion, with versatility for any room or entrance hall
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select stocks show fine grain interest and rich russet hues
- Contrasting ebonised detail and Bird's Eye Maple add further appeal
- Prominent crown moulding with deep fascia stands above the whole
- The door dressed with a small brass twist latch, inset, working lock to side — key present
- Cabinet door presents a dome-top display window with a quality lower mirror
- Arranged with four removable shelves to the interior, showing bright biscuit hues
- Attractive cabinet base with rolled edge, and an inset drawer with blind pull
- Field panels with ebonised detail decorate the pair of cabinet doors — working lock, key present
- Opening to present a removable slide tray with generous space beneath
- The whole standing upon a continuous plinth foot
This is a superb antique bookcase cabinet, graced with elegance and a perfect accompaniment to any room. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 72.5cm (28.5'')
Max Depth: 47.5cm (18.75'')
Max Height: 215cm (84.75'')
Mirror Plate Width: 43cm (17'')
Mirror Plate Height: 25.5cm (10'')
Sideboard Height: 85cm (33.5")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World