Small Antique Ladies Writing Desk, French, Oak, Bureau, Mirror, Victorian, 1900
Our Stock # 18.6843
This is a small antique ladies writing desk. A French, oak bureau with mirror, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Of wonderful proportion and rich in colour
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Delightful light French oak presents rich caramel hues
- Superb grain interest and medullary rays beneath a wax polish finish
- Shaped back stand with inset bevelled mirror showing a desirable light foxing
- Serpentine fall front finished with carved foliate beading and an inset lock — key absent
- Supported by a hinged arm, the front opens to offer a generously sized desk
- Document boxes help arrange the interior over a central drawer, dressed with a small brass pull
- Wide drawer to lower fascia with distinctive vine-shaped brass handles
- Elegantly shaped lower apron with rolled edge and accentuated to centre with leaf forms
- Raised upon a quartet of dashing cabriole legs, slender of form and terminating in pad feet
This is a fascinating small antique ladies writing desk, with superb French oak stocks presenting fine colour and attractive craftsmanship throughout. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the study or home office.
Max Width: 72cm (28.25'')
Closed Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Open Depth: 74cm (29.25")
Max Height: 123.5cm (48.5'')
Desk Width: 72cm (28.25'')
Desk Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Desk Height: 70cm (27.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World