Small Antique Document Box, English, Walnut, Desk, Pen, Sarcophagus, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7246
This is a small antique document box. An English, walnut desk or pen sarcophagus, dating to the Victorian period and later, circa 1880.
- A quality document store with fine figuring
- Displays a desirable aged patina - in very good order
- Select walnut shows fine grain interest
- Deep russet hues dazzle beneath the wax polish finish
- Tiered, sarcophagus lid opens smoothly upon a pair of internal hinges
- Later pen box with lid to interior presented in light caramel finish
- Dressed with a small inset brass lined lock — key absent
- Standing upon a tiered plinth base with a shock of emerald green baize beneath
This is a fascinating antique document box, with diminutive form for the desk top. Attractive finish and a useful, later pen box. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Max Depth: 24.5cm (9.75'')
Max Height: 20cm (7.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World