Set of Six, Antique Dining Chairs, Liberty of London, Walnut, Cane, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 11.3412
This is a set of six antique dining chairs, Liberty of London, walnut and cane chairs dating to the late 19th century, circa 1880.
- A most pleasing and rare set of late 19th century chairs by Liberty of London
- All chairs bearing the original Liberty labels
- Generous in size providing quality seating
- With a pair of carver arm chairs and four standards
- Classic walnut and bergere cane
- Presented in antique condition - some chairs being ready to use and others requiring restoration or upholstery
- Rising from paw feet through a cabriole leg
- Desirable double-U stretcher uniting the legs set
- Serpentine seat frieze
- Wonderful, large, moulded backs with fine scroll ended top rail
- Of quality craftsmanship with attractive proportions
- An imposing set of chairs offering huge possibilities
- See images for further condition details
All the chairs are solidly jointed and robust. The exception being one carver which has a rear-section of the stretcher missing
There are ancient woodworm holes noted to one carver rear bottom leg (treated)
Bergere caning condition varies from chair to chair
**Please contact us for a full condition report**
This set of chairs will make a very fine addition to any home or collection. The chairs could be re-caned where necessary, or would look equally fantastic if the seats and backs were upholstered.
Max Width: 68cm (26.75'')
Max Height: 134cm (52.75'')
Seat Height: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Width: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 113cm (44.5'')
Seat Height: 47cm (18.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.