Set Of 12, Antique Lancashire Chairs, Beech, Spindle Back, Seat, Edwardian, 1910
Our Stock # 18.7655
This is a rare set of 12 antique Lancashire chairs. An English, beech spindle back dining chair with rush seats, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- Large dining suite of twelve presents a rare opportunity
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good original order
- Beech frames show fine grain interest and russet hues
- Tightly bound rush seats in superb order for age
- Sinuous carved top sits above a pair of lower rails
- Fetching Lancs spindle backs with ten turned balusters
- Concave rush seat at a comfortable height of 45.5cm (18")
- Seat frames decorated with beading redolent of Jacobean taste
- Bold knees tightly enclose the frame with turned bulb carvings
- Raised upon fascinating pad feet over squat bun toes
- Each leg united by stretchers for lasting strength
This is a fascinating set of 12, matching antique Lancashire chairs. Rare to find in this number, these dining chairs present a unique opportunity for the larger family or institution. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 47cm (18.5'')
Max Depth: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Max Height: 94cm (37'')
Seat Width: 44cm (17.25'')
Seat Depth: 38.5cm (15.25'')
Seat Height: 45.5cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World