Pair Of Antique Drawing Room Elbow Chairs, English, Walnut, Armchair, Georgian
Our Stock # 18.7328
This is a superb pair of antique drawing room elbow chairs. An English, walnut armchair or lounge seat, dating to the late Georgian period, circa 1820.
- Carved elbow chairs of exquisite quality and finish
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in very good order
- Select walnut offers rich caramel hues and fine grain interest
- Benefiting from a recent professional reupholster in tasteful silk cotton
- Upholstered seat back and traditionally stuffed base with a deep over cushion - can be removed for a lower seat height
- Serpentine elbows tease gracefully from back to front with scrolled knuckles and carved details
- Golden weave over natural cream ground to the silk cotton seat coverings with delightful flower pattern
- Beautifully finished underside to cushions in a citrus yellow hue
- Canted C-scroll knees with beading finish beneath square cut supports
- Striking scroll front apron with pierced fretwork decor unites the pair of front legs
- Gently splayed rear legs host a pair of squat balusters with gently shaped feet
- United to each side and across the rear with attractive turned stretchers
This is an arresting pair of antique drawing room elbow chairs. Of superior quality and finish, the recent reupholster adding a tasteful final touch. Ready to enjoy as is, the pair can be easily reupholstered to suit individual tastes. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 76cm (30'')
Max Depth: 81.5cm (32'')
Max Height: 111.5cm (44'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 46.5cm (18.25'')
Seat Height: 43.5cm (17.25'')
Seat Height with Cushion: 58.5cm (23'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World