Pair of Antique Chinese Elbow Chairs, Oriental, Carver, Armchair, Circa 1890
Our Stock # 11.3415
This is a pair of antique Chinese elbow chairs, Asian, oriental horseshoe carver armchairs dating to the late 19th century, circa 1890.
- A most pleasing pair of late 19th century Chinese armchairs
- Presented in good antique condition
- In attractive Chinese elm showing respectful wear to the aged finish and good colour
- With classic horseshoe, yoke arm configuration
- Delightfully dressed with original dark stained finish
- Generous in size offering a laid back seating style
- Rising from a well structured base
- Twin through-arm supports at the sides
- Fine raked & curved back splat
- Desirable detailing in the form of pierced cartouche at the rear
- Serpentine sweep to the upper and lower front rails
- Of quality craftsmanship with attractive proportions
A simply lovely pair of antique Chinese elbow chairs to be welcomed into any location. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 62cm (24.5'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 86cm (33.75'')
Seat Height: 49cm (19.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.