Pair Of Antique Chairs, Walnut, Leather, Seat, Doveston, Bird & Hull, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6884
This is a pair of antique morning room chairs. An English, walnut and leather seat by Doveston, Bird & Hull of Manchester, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1860.
- Superb antique chairs
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Quality walnut frames show fine grain interest and rich caramel hues
- Deep burgundy leather in good order
- Leather clad balloon back with leaf detail to each side
- Lower rail featuring small, carved circular motif
- Quality leather in a rich, dark red sits above traditionally webbed base
- Elegantly trimmed with contrast brass stud borders
- Maker's mark stamped to underside of frame and reads 'Doveston, Bird & Hull, Manufacturers'
- Operating in the mid-19th century from premises in Manchester
- Raised upon turned baluster legs to front with pleasing fluted detail and ceramic castors
- Gently splayed, square section legs to rear
This is a striking pair of antique morning room chairs with rich colour and quality Victorian craftsmanship. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 92cm (36.25'')
Seat Width: 50cm (19.75'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 48cm (19'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World