Pair of Antique Chairs, English, Walnut, Aesthetic Period, Side, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5175
This is a pair of antique chairs. English, walnut, aesthetic period side chairs with stuff-over seat pads dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Superior quality in select walnut
- Mellow biscuit tones in the wax polished finish
- In good proportion with a desirable aged patina
- Oblique backrest with turned and fluted stiles
- Boxed joints dressed with carved rosettes
- Humped crest rail displaying carved interest and plume finials
- Pierced lower rail with foliate adornment and central rosette
- Raised on turned and tapered and fluted front legs and swept rears
- Generous seat height and a serpentine seat rail
- Traditionally stuffed and well sprung, plump seat pads
- Stuff over finish in a fawn, velour cloth with matching brocade trim
Delightful chairs in classic form, ideal for the bedroom, hall or parlour. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 45.75cm (18'')
Max Depth: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Height: 86cm (33.75'')
Seat Width: 45.75cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 38cm (15'')
Seat Height: 45.75cm (18'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.