Pair of Antique Chairs, English, Walnut, Aesthetic Period, Side, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5175
This is a pair of antique chairs. English, walnut, aesthetic period side chairs with stuff-over seat pads dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Superior quality in select walnut
- Mellow biscuit tones in the wax polished finish
- In good proportion with a desirable aged patina
- Oblique backrest with turned and fluted stiles
- Boxed joints dressed with carved rosettes
- Humped crest rail displaying carved interest and plume finials
- Pierced lower rail with foliate adornment and central rosette
- Raised on turned and tapered and fluted front legs and swept rears
- Generous seat height and a serpentine seat rail
- Traditionally stuffed and well sprung, plump seat pads
- Stuff over finish in a fawn, velour cloth with matching brocade trim
Delightful chairs in classic form, ideal for the bedroom, hall or parlour. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 45.75cm (18'')
Max Depth: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Height: 86cm (33.75'')
Seat Width: 45.75cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 38cm (15'')
Seat Height: 45.75cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured.
Excluding: Highlands & Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Jersey & Guernsey and remote areas – please let us know your post code to confirm.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
USA & Canada
We apologise we can not ship to Russia at this time but you are welcome to arrange your own courier service. We will support you with any details required.
Rest of the World
Please let us know your country and area code and we will find the most competitve rate for you