Pair of Antique Chairs, English, Victorian, Dining, Side, Mahogany, Circa 1840
Our Stock # 18.5157
This is an antique pair of dining chairs. English early Victorian, mahogany framed dating to the early 19th century circa 1840.
- Generous stocks of mahogany displaying deep, rich tones
- Grain interest and a desirable aged patina in the lustrous wax polished finish
- Humped crest rail and pinched waist with sinuous lines
- Padded splat for added comfort
- Show back finish with matching brocade trim
- Cabriole legs, serpentine seat rail and swept rear legs
- Standing upon blocked scroll feet
- Well sprung and traditionally stuffed offering a comfortable seat
- Stuff over finish with matching brocade trim
Soft velour cloth in good serviceable order - some marks consistent with careful use as seen in images
A comfortable pair of period chairs. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48cm (19'')
Max Depth: 55cm (21.75'')
Max Height: 90.5cm (35.75'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 43cm (17'')
Seat Height: 48cm (19'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.