Pair of Antique Chairs, Georgian, Fruitwood, Dining, Chippendale, Circa 1780
Our Stock # 18.5227
This is a pair of antique chairs, English, late Georgian fruitwood dining chairs in the Chippendale taste, dating to circa 1780.
- Attractive pair of dining chairs, stable and comfortable
- Delightful colour to the fruitwood with a wax polished finish
- Of quality craftsmanship, in good proportion with a desirable aged patina
Traditionally stuffed seat pads finished in a pale needlepoint cloth
- Shaped crest rail featuring scrolled, oblique ears
- Well executed, Chippendale-esque baluster pierced splat
- Raised on square section legs featuring classic chamfered inner corners
- United by a box stretcher for added strength
A super pair of antique chairs of classic Georgian form. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Depth: 45.75cm (18'')
Max Height: 98cm (38.5'')
Seat Width: 53cm (20.75'')
Seat Depth: 37cm (14.5'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.