Pair of Antique Footstools, English, Walnut, Needlepoint, Rest, Victorian C.1860
Our Stock # 18.7209
This is a pair of antique footstools. An English, walnut and needlepoint rest, dating to the mid Victorian period, circa 1860.
- Of generous size for resting one's feet
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - in very good order
- Walnut bases show fine grain interest and rich russet hues beneath a wax polish finish
- Quality needlepoint, traditionally stuffed cushion covers in deep burgundy hues
- Vibrant foliate bouquets present against the dark ground with aplomb
- The needlepoint tapestry of super quality with tight weave and free of marks
- Delicate blush pink brocade trim catches the eye
- Raised upon four squat feet beneath a tiered plinth base
This is a dashing pair of antique footstools, with rich colouration and comfortable needlepoint covers. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for relaxation.
Max Width: 38cm (15'')
Max Depth: 31cm (12.25'')
Max Height: 12.5cm (5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World