Late Victorian Antique Tallboy, 19th Century English Chest of Drawers c.1890
Our Stock # LFA-1693
This is a late Victorian, antique tallboy, a 19th century English chest of drawers dating to c.1890.
- Crafted in generous stocks of solid walnut in light honey tones
- Grain interest and consistent colour in a wax polished finish
- Voluminous storage in a fine looking chest of drawers
- Standing upon a continuous plinth base with upper moulding
- The top in good order with stepped edge moulding and skirting overhang for close wall placement
- Oak lined and dovetailed drawers arranged in a '2 over 3' configuration
- Drawer fronts decorated with twin rails of fluted horizontal delineation
- Dressed with the original solid brass drop handles over pierced geometric back plates
- Brass keyhole linings with working lock and key
- Graduated drawers with extremely generous bottom jumper, or cot, drawer
- Drawer depths from top to bottom: 19.5cm (7.75"), 25cm (9.75"), 28cm (11"), 34cm (13.5")
A fine piece in good original order. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 108.5cm (42.75'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 144cm (56.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.