Late Georgian Antique Press Cupboard, English, Oak, Housekeeper's Cabinet c.1780
Our Stock # 11.3446
This is a late Georgian antique press cupboard, an English oak housekeeper's cabinet dating to circa 1780.
- Attractive dark tones and desirable aged patina to the English oak
- Appealing panelled construction standing upon spurred bracket feet
- Large proportions offering voluminous storage
- Later hand carved initials and a date for the carving 'W.E.' & '1827'
- Large, twin field panel doors to the main cupboard
- Dressed with brass pulls and featuring the original iron lock and key
- Inside the space is divided into three by a pair of shelves
- Cupboard locates into a deep moulding on the lower stand
- Decorated with a row of five field panels
- Two drawers to the foot featuring a pair of brass swan neck handles to each
Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width (at crown moulding): 142cm (56'')
Width at Base: 140cm (55'')
Max Depth: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Height: 196cm (77.25'')
Internal Hanging Space (Shelves Removed): 146cm (57.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.