Late Georgian Antique Elbow Chair, English, Chippendale Overtones to Lower Frame
Our Stock # LFA-1386
This is a late Georgian antique elbow chair in mahogany, English with Chippendale overtones to the lower frame, c.1790-1800.
- Appealing northern country chair
- Classic broad, Georgian proportions
- Good colour and desirable patina to the antique mahogany
- Raised on square section legs, swept at the rear
- United by a double box stretcher for added strength
- Traditionally stuffed-drop in seat panel, easily recovered to suit any d̩cor
- Beautifully shaped half-elbow armrests
- Provincial, raked back for comfort with shaped crest rail
- Four graduated lathes between circular section stiles
Robust and solid joints, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 65cm (25.5'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 94cm (37'')
Seat Width: 57cm (22.5'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.