Late Georgian Antique Chest Of Drawers, Mahogany, English, Commode c.1780
Our Stock # LFA-1749
This is a Late Georgian, antique chest of drawers in mahogany. An English piece dating to c.1780.
- Superb colour and grain interest in the warm hues of the mahogany
- Arranged in the classic 2 over 3 configuration of graduated drawers
- Upper frieze decorated with a trio of ovular, inlaid motifs
- Over crossbanded ribbon delineated with boxwood and ebony stringing
- Front cabinet corners featuring fluted quarter columns in good proportion
- Each cock-beaded drawer dressed with solid brass swan neck handles
- Retaining the original brass lock and keyhole linings, key absent
- The chest raised on ogee bracket feet
A desirable example with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 125cm (49.25'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 110cm (43.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.