Large Vintage Pedestal Desk, Teak, Leather, Art Deco, Office, Abbess, Circa 1950
Our Stock # 18.6076
This is a large vintage pedestal desk. An English, teak and leather office desk by the sought after cabinet maker, Abbess, with strong Art Deco overtones and dating to the mid-20th century, circa 1950.
- Attractive teak desk with good consistent colour
- Grain interest throughout in a wax polished finish
- Strong Art Deco overtones elevate this fine desk above the norm
- Attractively finished back, suitable for centre room placement
- Original, claret red, leather skiver delineated with gold tooling
- Broad over-knee drawer flanked by four drawers either side
- Central, universal working lock and key secures all drawers in single operation
- Drawers dressed with bold, broad, solid brass pulls
- Generously sized top affords extensive workspace
- Kneehole measures 59.5cm (23.5") high and 62.5cm (24.5") wide
- A pair of pull out trays – felt baize covered by glass plate to the left and a mirror on the right
- Raised upon a pair of continuous plinth bases
This is an impressive, large vintage pedestal desk with Art Deco overtones. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home or office.
Max Width: 218.5cm (86'')
Max Depth: 107cm (42.25'')
Max Height: 76cm (30'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World