Large Vintage Decorative Rug, Belgian, Carpet, Ghiordes, Prayer Mat, Circa 1970
Our Stock # 18.7234
This is a large vintage decorative rug. A Belgian, quality woven lounge carpet in the manner of Ghiordes prayer mats, dating to the late 20th century, circa 1970.
- Striking decorations and of near Dozar proportion at 91cm x 193cm (35.75" x 76")
- Displaying a desirable aged patina with minor signs of wear or fade - slight loss to tassels
- Tightly woven to a high standard and accentuated with copious fascinations in attractive hues
- Offers a comfortable underfoot feel suitable for the entrance hall or living room
- Pair of large, profusely detailed Mirhab to the central field, framed by repeating lozenge patterns
- Tramline borders of sawtooth patterns arranged as directional arrows catch the eye
- Outer border with checkerboard bands and unusual animal forms
- Finished with a small band of tight, short tassels to one end
- Charming vintage maker's label for Louis De Poortrere of Belgium to rear
This is an attractive vintage decorative rug, a quality Belgian homage to the wonderful carpets of the Ghiordes region. Dashing patterns attract the eye, whilst the tightly woven pile invites use. Delivered ready to display.
Max Width: 91cm (35.75'')
Max Depth: 1cm ('')
Max Height: 193cm (76'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World