Large Antique Trunk, English, Pine, Carriage Chest, Steamer, Victorian, C.1900
Our Stock # 18.7035
This is a large antique trunk. An English, pine carriage chest or steamer trunk, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Of useful proportion and charming finish
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Pine shows fine grain interest and rich caramel hues beneath the wax polish finish
- Iron and leather bound for lasting strength
- Dressed with large iron clasps to each side of the front fascia
- Decorative German copper plate to lid edge
- Wide leather carriage straps to each side with shaped iron keepers
- Stout lid opens upon rear hinges with bracket hinge to the right
- The interior finished with a foliate lining of cream and green hues
- The base lined with a map of Launceston District in Cornwall, dating to 1906
This is a large and attractive antique trunk. Of useful size and height to be considered as a coffee table or as a linen chest to the end of a bed. Charming decorative touches set this particular chest apart. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 97.5cm (38.5'')
Max Depth: 60cm (23.5'')
Max Height: 67.5cm (26.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World