Large Antique Steamer Trunk, English, Pine, Travel, Shipping Chest, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7814
This is a large antique steamer trunk. An English, pine and iron travel or shipping chest, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Stout of build and antique visual appeal
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Pine stocks show mellow caramel hues and natural finish
- Rigorously bound with cast iron straps, ideal for voyage
- The braced lid opens smoothly, resting upon its internal stay
- Generous interior space presented with original weathering
- Dressed with a central iron latch over a maker's plate for J. Burton & Bro
- Large brass clasps to either side with engraved B.B. monogram — covered locks, key absent
- Travel labels adorn the exterior, adding character to the whole
- Decorative studwork across the lid, each engraved with a B
- Thick leather straps to each end aids carriage
- Illustrated maker's label to the interior with further company detail
This is a generously sized antique steamer trunk. Of great appearance, with appealing colour and copious iron straps. Ideal for use as a coffee table base with flat top. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 98cm (38.5'')
Max Depth: 52.5cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 54cm (21.25'')
Interior Width: 91.5cm (36'')
Interior Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Interior Height: 47cm (18.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World