Large Antique Steamer Trunk, English, Cedar, Shipping Chest, Edwardian, C.1910
Our Stock # 18.7448
This is a large antique steamer trunk. An English, cedar and bentwood shipping chest, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- A charming example from the golden age of sea voyages
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and its years of travel
- Natural cedar offers fine grain interest and mellow caramel hues
- Stout bentwood bracing with iron caps to corners
- Dressed with a large central clasp with a pair of latches alongside
- Each clasp offers a sliding lock — tested as working, with key present
- Key replete with 'Royal Yacht Club, London' fob
- Lid opens smoothly, resting upon a hinge stay to reveal a light cream interior
- Original leather carry handles to each end with circular iron mounts
- Fascinating travel labels for locales including France and the Netherlands adorn the fascia
- Hand-written 'hold' mark to lid with 'deck 3' on left side and '3rd' to the right, respectively
This is an appealing antique steamer trunk, with eye-catching travel labels and attractive cedar stocks. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 93.5cm (36.75'')
Max Depth: 55.5cm (21.75'')
Max Height: 33.5cm (13.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World