Large Antique Steamer Chest, English, Canvas, Travel Trunk, Drawco, Edwardian
Our Stock # 18.6953
This is a large antique steamer chest. An English, canvas bound travel trunk with Drawco patent steel, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- Generously sized trunk from the golden age of voyages
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Wooden frame with durable black textured fascia
- Crafted with Drawco steel hoops for a dependable, lightweight trunk
- Decorated with colourful, period transit labels
- Dressed with brass hardware for the lock escutcheon and clasps
- Sliding lock mechanism with key
- Maker's mark for Drawco features above the central clasp
- The interior finished with a light textile and striking pinstripe pattern
- Adorned with globe-trotting travel labels from Cairo to Cheadle Hulme
- Great Eastern Railway memorandum dated to 1911
- Leather strap handles to each side aid carriage
This is a generously sized and appealing antique steamer chest, from a golden era of grand tours and sojourns. Delivered polished and ready for use or display.
Max Width: 92cm (36.25'')
Max Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Height: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World