Large Antique Sideboard, English Regency, Server, Mahogany, Sheraton Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.5114
This is a large antique sideboard, an English Regency server in mahogany dating to the early 19th century circa 1820.
- Of country house proportions and exceptional quality
- Select mahogany with grain interest throughout
- Desirable aged patina in the lustrous, wax polished finish
- Displaying Sheraton influence and quality
- Brass rail to rear featuring turned and tapered posts capped with classical vase finials
- Expansive breakfront, top surface displays well with curved ends
- Raised on six, square section, tapering legs terminating in spade feet
- Later, discreet butler access hatch to one end
- Cupboard doors with good graining and framed with cross-banded borders
- Drawer front butterfly veneered with cross-banding
- Superior quality handles featuring pressed brass back-plates
- Solid brass keyhole linings
- Pot cupboard to left hand side with working lock and key
- Central frieze drawer with central divider
- Right hand cellaret drawer withdraws smoothly on brass rollers
- Catering for nine bottles of wine and with original lead lining
A magnificent piece of country house furniture. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 212.5cm (83.75'')
Max Depth: 80cm (31.5'')
Max Height: 95cm (37.5'')
Plus Up-stand: 38cm (15'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.