Large Antique Scroll End Settee, Regency Mahogany Sofa Daybed Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.5013
This is a large antique scroll-end settee, a Regency upholstered, mahogany sofa day bed dating to circa 1820.
- A large three seater sofa
- Quality mahogany displaying grain interest in deep, rich tones
- Benefiting from a 'show back' ideal for centre room placement
- Raised on tapered block legs over original brass castors
- Swagged apron beneath the seat rail
- Magnificent, carved 'S' scroll armrests
- Broad crest rail flanked by carved foliate detail
- Traditionally stuffed with later filled seat cushion and a pair of bolster cushions
- Professionally upholstered in a Regency striped cloth
- Light marks under close inspection, consistent with careful use
- Ready for the home or would welcome recovering to suit any décor
Offering a comfortable seat with period charm. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 226cm (89'')
Max Depth: 69cm (27.25'')
Max Height: 91.5cm (36'')
Seat Width: 180cm (70.75'')
Seat Depth: 61cm (24'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.