Large Antique Fireplace Set, Fireside, Lord Fairfax, Grate, Andirons, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6561
This is a large antique fireplace set. An English, cast iron fireside suite, with a decorative casting of Lord Fairfax, a grate and a pair of andirons, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Superbly substantial Victorian ironworks
- Displaying a desirable aged patina throughout
- Cast iron resplendent in consistent graphite finish
- Suite comprising fire back, fire grate and andirons
- The heavy, 101kg (222.6lb) fire back replete with a depiction of Lord Fairfax on horseback
- Fine detail to Thomas Fairfax and his famous white horse adds real visual appeal
- Embossed text reads 1649, LD Fairfax
- Rear of fire back present signs of recasting to the upper right hand side
- Elegant fire grate with pronounced teeth
- Good quality and pleasingly heavy at 38kg (83.7lb)
- The attractive fire dogs help present the grate perfectly
- Tapering, narrow finials above large bulb and standing on shapely, arched feet
This is a fascinating and very heavy antique fireplace set. Sure to enhance and fireside, the finish and weight of this suite is a sign of lasting quality. Delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 85.5cm (33.75'')
Max Depth: 4cm (1.5'')
Max Height: 68.5cm (27'')
Grate Width: 87.5cm (34.5'')
Grate Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Grate Height: 16cm (6.25'')
Andirons Width: 19cm (7.5")
Andirons Depth: 41cm (16.25")
Andirons Height: 51cm (20")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World