Large Antique Filing Cabinet, English, Edwardian, Walnut, Shannon File Co. c1910
Our Stock # 18.5737
This is a large antique filing cabinet, an English, Edwardian Walnut cupboard by renowned cabinet makers Shannon File Co., London and dating to the early 19th century, circa 1910.
- Magnificent antique filing cabinet
- English walnut displaying good consistent colour with a desirable aged patina
- Arranged as a suite of 12 ring file drawers over 24 filing trays behind doors
- Field panelled to all sides and in good order throughout
- The top displays well with grain interest in a wax polished finish
- A modest crown moulding over carved serpentine trace
- The upper frieze carrying the brass Shannon File Co. name plate
- The suite of 12 ring file drawers lock in place with the brass twist bar beneath
- Each drawer features a vacant brass label holder and pull
- Offering arched ring filing with a smooth, patented release action
- The boards beautifully constructed in contrasting timber strips
- The lower cabinet is enclosed by a pair of field panel doors with working lock and key
- They open to reveal 24 filing trays offering abundant storage
- Each shaped to the front and ideal to store documents and papers
- The whole raised on a continuous plinth base
A super, period antique filing cabinet with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 94cm (37'')
Max Depth: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Height: 170.25cm (67'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World