Large Antique Dresser Base, Early Georgian, 1750 & Later, English, Oak
Our Stock # LFA-1648
This is a large antique dresser base from the early Georgian period, 1750 and later, English in oak.
- Of grand, country house, proportions and quality
- In English oak displaying wisps of medullary rays
- Desirable colour in a waxed finish with an aged patina
- Raised on turned front legs standing upon square block feet
- Robust square section rear legs, bracketed in both directions
- Bracketed front apron with geometric, central swag decoration
- Three oak lined, drawers, original iron locks, key absent
- Decorated with subtle cross banding
- Dressed with brass batwing plates and drop handles
- Two plank top with shaped bracket ends
- Up-stand with three drawers dressed with brass baluster drop handles
- Two secret drawers, one at either end, beneath shallow plate rack
A superb piece of English country house furniture. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 229cm (90.25'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 94cm (37'')
Counter Height: 73cm (28.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.