Heavy Antique Merchant's Strongbox, English, Safe Deposit Case, Georgian, C.1800
Our Stock # 18.8054
This is a heavy antique merchant's strongbox. An English, cast iron safe deposit case, dating to the Georgian period, circa 1800.
- Superb antique vault of impressive weight
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Cast iron resplendent in a light, naturally weathered painted finish
- Remarkably clean interior impressive for the age
- 0.5cm (0.25") thick safe door opens upwards with a stout handle
- Dressed with an inset lock mechanism and swivel cover — in working order, key present
- Pair of robust drop handles to either side of the strongbox
- Superb security assured by a reassuring weight of 134kg (295.4 lb)
This is an appealing antique merchant's strongbox, of a superior weight and useful proportion. Can be used free-standing or sunk into the floor for added security. Delivered ready to serve.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 47cm (18.5'')
Max Height: 43cm (17'')
Interior Width: 64cm (25.25'')
Interior Depth: 40.5cm (16'')
Interior Height: 36cm (14.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World