Georgian Oak Dresser Base, 18th Century English Green Man Sideboard, c.1790
Our Stock # LFA-1692
This is a Georgian oak dresser base from the 18th century. An English 'green man' sideboard dating to circa 1790.
- Solidly constructed in oak with desirable colour and patina
- Displaying wisps of medullary rays in the lustrous wax polished finish
- In good proportion with a classic English country feel
- Profusely carved with green man masks flanking a central lion mask
- Bands of floral guilloch̩ carvings completing the break fronted up-stand
- Broad plank top with attractive grain detail and moulded edge
- Three deep drawers divided by half column turnings display profusely carved foliate design
- Dressed with solid brass drop handles over batwing back-plates with matching escutcheons
- Drawers slide easily and retain the original iron locks with key absent
- Raised upon stout, circular section, tapering front legs on pad feet, square section rear
An appealing piece and an English classic. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 195cm (76.75'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Table Height: 75cm (29.5'')
Up-stand: 17cm (6.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World