Georgian Oak Dresser Base, 18th Century English Green Man Sideboard, c.1790
Our Stock # LFA-1692
This is a Georgian oak dresser base from the 18th century. An English 'green man' sideboard dating to circa 1790.
- Solidly constructed in oak with desirable colour and patina
- Displaying wisps of medullary rays in the lustrous wax polished finish
- In good proportion with a classic English country feel
- Profusely carved with green man masks flanking a central lion mask
- Bands of floral guilloch̩ carvings completing the break fronted up-stand
- Broad plank top with attractive grain detail and moulded edge
- Three deep drawers divided by half column turnings display profusely carved foliate design
- Dressed with solid brass drop handles over batwing back-plates with matching escutcheons
- Drawers slide easily and retain the original iron locks with key absent
- Raised upon stout, circular section, tapering front legs on pad feet, square section rear
An appealing piece and an English classic. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 195cm (76.75'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Table Height: 75cm (29.5'')
Up-stand: 17cm (6.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.