Georgian Antique Corner Cabinet, Oak and Mahogany, English c.1780
Our Stock # LFA-1684
This is a fine example of a Georgian antique corner cabinet in oak and mahogany, English and dating to c.1780.
- Attractive piece with good colour and a desirable aged patina
- Grain interest in the oak, displaying medullary rays, and the mahogany highlights
- In good proportion with modest lower moulding and shaped crown moulding
- Upper frieze cross-banded in mahogany veneer
- Field panel door with geometric decoration and framing
- Mahogany crossband with fine ebony and boxwood string details
- Working iron lock and key
- Four serpentine fronted shelves dividing space within
- The whole interior finished in a matt azure paint
- Supplied with brass fixings ready to wall mount
A fine example of 18th century furniture with hints of aspiration and wealth displayed in affording the, then exotic, mahogany adornment and inlays. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 76.5cm (30'')
Max Depth: 47cm (18.5'')
Max Height: 109cm (43'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.