Georgian Antique Bureau, English Oak Writing Desk, c.1800
Our Stock # LFA-1725
This is a late Georgian antique bureau in English oak. A writing desk dating to c.1800.
- Warm country feel and a desirable aged patina in the wax polished finish
- Profusely decorated with blind fret geometric decoration
- Standing upon Georgian bracket feet
- Four full width, graduating oak lined drawers
- Dressed with brass swan neck handles and pierced batwing back-plates
- Matching pierced brass batwing lock escutcheons, locks present, keys absent
- The fall opens and rests upon a pair of stout lopers
- Offering a generous desk space at a comfortable height
- To the rear a central cupboard with document slides either side
- Flanked by triple cubby holes and a suite of drawers dressed with brass pulls
A charming example of period, English country furniture. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 92cm (36.25'')
Max Depth: 48cm (19'')
Max Height: 109cm (43'')
Desk Width: 84cm (33'')
Desk Depth: 46cm (18'')
Desk Height: 82cm (32.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.