Georgian Antique Bureau, English 18th Century Mahogany Desk c.1780
Our Stock # 12.1591
This is a beautiful Georgian antique bureau, an English piece from the late 18th century in mahogany. Offering a desk and chest of drawers from c.1780.
- Mellow tones to the attractively grained mahogany
- Displaying a desirable patina acquired from centuries of use
- Decorated with boxwood and ebony stringing framing cross-banded mahogany
- Standing upon tall, slender, shaped bracket feet with serpentine apron
- A suite of four graduated drawers offer abundant storage space all with working locks
- Dressed with later solid brass drop handles over pierced batwing plates and shaped lock escutcheons
- The lopers slide easily to support the fall complete with working lock and key
- Offering a generous desk space before a comprehensive set of storage
- Central locking cupboard featuring a marquetry cartouche over single drawer
- Flanked by a pair of secret document slides opened from within the cupboard
- Either side, a single full width drawer over three stationery drawers between a pair of cubbies
A handsome example of it's type with a full compliment of working locks and keys. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 99cm (39'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 111cm (43.75'')
Desk Width: 94cm (37'')
Desk Depth: 61cm (24'')
Desk Height: 84cm (33'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.