Georgian Antique Bureau, English 18th Century Mahogany Desk c.1780
Our Stock # 12.1591
This is a beautiful Georgian antique bureau, an English piece from the late 18th century in mahogany. Offering a desk and chest of drawers from c.1780.
- Mellow tones to the attractively grained mahogany
- Displaying a desirable patina acquired from centuries of use
- Decorated with boxwood and ebony stringing framing cross-banded mahogany
- Standing upon tall, slender, shaped bracket feet with serpentine apron
- A suite of four graduated drawers offer abundant storage space all with working locks
- Dressed with later solid brass drop handles over pierced batwing plates and shaped lock escutcheons
- The lopers slide easily to support the fall complete with working lock and key
- Offering a generous desk space before a comprehensive set of storage
- Central locking cupboard featuring a marquetry cartouche over single drawer
- Flanked by a pair of secret document slides opened from within the cupboard
- Either side, a single full width drawer over three stationery drawers between a pair of cubbies
A handsome example of it's type with a full compliment of working locks and keys. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 99cm (39'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 111cm (43.75'')
Desk Width: 94cm (37'')
Desk Depth: 61cm (24'')
Desk Height: 84cm (33'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World