French Antique Side Cabinet, 19th Century Oak Cupboard, Circa 1900
Our Stock # AAU-3461
This is a French antique side cabinet from the late 19th century, an oak cupboard c.1900.
- Attractive colour to the oak with an appealing aged patina
- Classic provincial craftsmanship with generous oak stock
- Rising from stout square section legs through a moulded lower plinth
- Twin field panel doors are dressed with exuberant carved foliate detailing in relief to the lower
- Upper door panels show the letters IM and a wheatsheaf blessed with 'four seasons' stars
- Doors hung on correct iron pin hinges - displaying iron, pierced, ornate lock escutcheons
- Inner iron swing latch - main lock present, however correct key absent
- Trio of height adjustable inner shelves offering useful storage
- Side panels with desirable floral hand-carving
- Quality rear showing medullary rays to the quarter-sawn oak in common with the whole
A super cabinet; practical with pleasing country charm. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 92cm (36.25'')
Max Depth: 48cm (19'')
Max Height: 122cm (48'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.