French Antique Bedside Cabinet, Marble Top Nightstand c.1890
Our Stock # 10.1689
This is a French antique bedside cabinet, a marble top nightstand dating to the late 19th century c.1890.
- Appealing biscuit tones to the light walnut finish
- Attractive grain in the quartered veneered decoration
- Well veined blush marble top in good order
- Raised on round, tapering walnut legs, pinched beneath the cabinet base & standing upon bronze capped feet
- Rounded corners to the front of the cabinet dressed with cast bronze foliate mounts
- Rounded edge moulding cossets the recessed marble top
- Single, oak lined drawer decorated with ebony string delineation and brass pull
- Cabinet door decorated with double strung border inset with a crossband
- Topped with a pair of stylised flower head marquetry inlays with mother-of-pearl centres
- Turned brass pull opens the cabinet door which closes on a friction spring latch
- Cabinet opens to reveal a cool, white marble lined interior
A fine cabinet in good proportion. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 46cm (18'')
Max Depth: 38cm (15'')
Max Height: 81.5cm (32'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World