Fine Antique Dressing Table, English, Walnut, Console, Gillow and Co, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7763
This is a fine antique dressing table. An English, walnut boudoir console table by Gillow and Co, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- A striking dressing table for the finest of bedrooms
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Quality walnut presents fine grain interest and rich russet hues
- Profusely carved to every surface, a treat for the senses
- Prominent shield shape mirror sits to the centre with quality, bevelled plate
- Demi-lune bombe cabinets to each side, with ornate carved field panels
- Decorated bracket supports unite these to the wide, deep dressing surface
- Serpentine bow front profile highly distinctive and appealing
- Arranged as a central drawer above the shaped kneehole with a graduated trio either side
- Each dressed with attractive drop handles over decorative brass backplates
- Inset brass locks to each opening — untested, keys absent
- Maker's mark for Gillow & Co, Lancaster revealed upon opening the central drawer
- Moving to the base, turned baluster supports create an open gallery to each side
- A dashing octet of gadrooned glass feet a final flourish to an exquisite piece
This is a superb antique dressing table, adorned with pleasingly ornate detail and the very best of Gillow's Victorian craftsmanship. A treasure for any grand bedroom. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 136.5cm (53.75'')
Max Depth: 67.5cm (26.5'')
Max Height: 168.5cm (66.25'')
Dressing Surface Width: 135.5cm (53.25'')
Dressing Surface Depth: 64.5cm (25.5'')
Dressing Surface Height: 76.5cm (30'')
Mirror Plate Width: 59.5cm (23.5'')
Mirror Plate Depth: 63.5cm (25'')
Kneehole Height: 55.5cm (21.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World