8 Antique Chippendale Revival Chairs, English, Mahogany, Dining Seat, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7683
This is a set of eight antique Chippendale revival chairs. An English, mahogany dining chair with drop-in seats, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Delightful example of the Chippendale taste
- Displaying a desirable aged patina throughout
- Mahogany frames with deep russet hues and fine grain interest
- Benefits from a recent professional reupholstering with quality fabric
- Striking top rail with the distinctive 'Chippendale Ears' and relaxed angle
- Pierced back splat with intertwining spars terminating in scrolled carvings
- Tasteful, silk cotton drop-in seat coverings in blush pink
- Engraved maker's mark to lower rail for C R Ltd
- Can be easily reupholstered to individual taste with traditionally stuffed cushions
- Standing upon a pair of square section front legs
- 'H-stretcher' rail uniting the front and rear legs for stability
- Gently tapering rear legs united by a further stretcher
This is an appealing antique set of Chippendale revival chairs. With the graceful Thomas Chippendale taste and hallmarks, this rare suite of eight chairs will enhance any dining room. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 91.5cm (36'')
Seat Width: 47.5cm (18.75'')
Seat Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Seat Height: 48.5cm (19'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World