Early Victorian Bow Back Armchair, English Walnut Reading Chair c.1840
Our Stock # LFA-1593
This is a comfortable early Victorian bow back armchair, an English walnut reading chair dating to c.1840.
- The dark walnut frame in stout stock with attractive patina in the wax polished finish
- Well sprung and traditionally stuffed beneath an olive green velour cloth with brocade trim
- Overstuffed, button back bowed crest rail sweeps into scroll ended armrest
- Carved 'C' and 'S' scroll splats & brackets to the stiles rising from the swept, oblique rear legs
- Serpentine seat rail decorated with carved rosette running seamlessly into
- Cabriole legs with stub scrolled toes and carved knee detail
- Riding upon white ceramic castors in brass mounts
A super chair ideal for the office, lounge, hall or bedroom. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 66cm (26'')
Max Height: 76cm (30'')
Seat Width: 53.5cm (21'')
Seat Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World