Early Victorian Bow Back Armchair, English Walnut Reading Chair c.1840
Our Stock # LFA-1593
This is a comfortable early Victorian bow back armchair, an English walnut reading chair dating to c.1840.
- The dark walnut frame in stout stock with attractive patina in the wax polished finish
- Well sprung and traditionally stuffed beneath an olive green velour cloth with brocade trim
- Overstuffed, button back bowed crest rail sweeps into scroll ended armrest
- Carved 'C' and 'S' scroll splats & brackets to the stiles rising from the swept, oblique rear legs
- Serpentine seat rail decorated with carved rosette running seamlessly into
- Cabriole legs with stub scrolled toes and carved knee detail
- Riding upon white ceramic castors in brass mounts
A super chair ideal for the office, lounge, hall or bedroom. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 66cm (26'')
Max Height: 76cm (30'')
Seat Width: 53.5cm (21'')
Seat Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.