Early Victorian Antique Writing Library Table, Mahogany, English c.1840
Our Stock # 12.1588
This is an early Victorian antique writing, or library, table in well figured mahogany, English c.1840.
- Beautifully figured mahogany with a wax polished finish
- Well proportioned with a desirable aged patina and rounded front corners
- Pierced brass three quarter gallery and twin moulded edge detail to top
- Twin frieze drawers dressed with garland loop handles over pressed brass back plates
- Drawers cock beaded and mahogany lined with hand cut dovetail joints
- Lower lip moulding to frieze
- Raised on classically scrolled cabriole legs with some Regency influence
- Platforms united by an appealing, robust, turned stretcher
- Generous pierced stock risers with pinched waist
A highly appealing example with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 110cm (43.25'')
Max Depth: 54.5cm (21.5'')
Max Height: 75cm (29.5'')
Plus Gallery: 2.5cm (1")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World