Early Victorian Antique Writing Library Table, Mahogany, English c.1840
Our Stock # LFA-1588
This is an early Victorian antique writing, or library, table in well figured mahogany, English c.1840.
- Beautifully figured mahogany with a wax polished finish
- Well proportioned with a desirable aged patina and rounded front corners
- Pierced brass three quarter gallery and twin moulded edge detail to top
- Twin frieze drawers dressed with garland loop handles over pressed brass back plates
- Drawers cock beaded and mahogany lined with hand cut dovetail joints
- Lower lip moulding to frieze
- Raised on classically scrolled cabriole legs with some Regency influence
- Platforms united by an appealing, robust, turned stretcher
- Generous pierced stock risers with pinched waist
A highly appealing example with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 110cm (43.25'')
Max Depth: 54.5cm (21.5'')
Max Height: 75cm (29.5'')
Plus Gallery: 2.5cm (1")
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.