Early 20th Century Camphor Wood Chest, Oriental Carved Trunk
Our Stock # LFA-1735
This is an early 20th century camphor wood chest with oriental carved scenes. A trunk dating to circa 1930.
- Fabulously decorated with profusely carved panels
- Delineated with ebonised frames and bands
- Standing upon a shaped apron and squat legs
- Equally well made, three panel back
- The top, end panels and field panels vigorously carved
- Depicting oriental scenes of figures, trees, pagodas and alike
- The end panels fitted with robust carrying handles
- The pair of doors to the front framed in low relief foliate carvings
- Dressed with a quality, single brass ring handle
- Opening to reveal generous storage space divided by a single shelf
- Accompanied by the delightful aroma of the camphor wood
A delightful piece in mellow tones. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 104.25cm (41'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Height: 61cm (24'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World