Early 20th Century Camphor Wood Chest, Oriental Carved Trunk
Our Stock # LFA-1735
This is an early 20th century camphor wood chest with oriental carved scenes. A trunk dating to circa 1930.
- Fabulously decorated with profusely carved panels
- Delineated with ebonised frames and bands
- Standing upon a shaped apron and squat legs
- Equally well made, three panel back
- The top, end panels and field panels vigorously carved
- Depicting oriental scenes of figures, trees, pagodas and alike
- The end panels fitted with robust carrying handles
- The pair of doors to the front framed in low relief foliate carvings
- Dressed with a quality, single brass ring handle
- Opening to reveal generous storage space divided by a single shelf
- Accompanied by the delightful aroma of the camphor wood
A delightful piece in mellow tones. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 104.25cm (41'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Height: 61cm (24'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.