Early 20th Century Camphor Wood Chest, Oriental, Carved Scenes, Trunk c.1930
Our Stock # 18.5630
This is an early 20th century camphor wood chest with oriental carved scenes. A trunk dating to the early 20th century, circa 1930.
- Fabulously decorated with profusely carved panels
- Delineated with geometric frames and bands
- Standing upon shaped, face carved, bracketed legs
- The top and front field panels vigorously carved
- Depicting battle scenes of horsemen, figures, trees, pagodas and bridges
- The end panels and back display well executed, calm, stylised scenes
- Typical shaped and etched, circular catch plate
- Opening to reveal generous storage space divided by a single shelf
- Accompanied by the wonderful aroma of the camphor wood
A delightful piece in mellow tones. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 94cm (37'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Height: 53cm (20.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World