Antique Coffer, Early 18th Century Trunk, English Oak Sword Chest, circa 1700
Our Stock # 11.3433
This an antique coffer, an early 18th century trunk. An English oak sword chest dating to circa 1700.
- Three panel front carved with circular radiating detail
- Lunette carving to the front upper and lower rails
- Serpentine foliate detail to the stiles and muntins
- English oak with desirable aged patina
- Raised on extended stiles with arched 'mouse hole' aperture
- Hand crafted cleated nails
- Original iron lock, plate and key absent
- Hinged lid holds on later chain and reveals voluminous storage
A charming coffer presented in good antique condition. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 118cm (46.5'')
Max Depth: 40.75cm (16'')
Max Height: 62cm (24.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.