Antique Coffer, Early 18th Century Trunk, English Oak Sword Chest, circa 1700
Our Stock # 11.3433
This an antique coffer, an early 18th century trunk. An English oak sword chest dating to circa 1700.
- Three panel front carved with circular radiating detail
- Lunette carving to the front upper and lower rails
- Serpentine foliate detail to the stiles and muntins
- English oak with desirable aged patina
- Raised on extended stiles with arched 'mouse hole' aperture
- Hand crafted cleated nails
- Original iron lock, plate and key absent
- Hinged lid holds on later chain and reveals voluminous storage
A charming coffer presented in good antique condition. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 118cm (46.5'')
Max Depth: 40.75cm (16'')
Max Height: 62cm (24.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World