Chinese Antique Side Table, Rosewood And Marble, British Empire Exhibition 1924
Our Stock # 10.1811
This is a Chinese antique side table in rosewood and marble from the British Empire Exhibition of 1924.
- Good colour in the solid rosewood and marble
- Grain interest and desirable aged patina
- Bearing the original plate from the exhibition of 1924
- Inscribed with the two countries flags and 'British Empire Exhibition 1924. Chinese Restaurant'
- Inset marble to traditionally shaped top
- Swagged frieze with broad lozenge decoration
- Raised on shaped legs and outswept feet
- United by lower galleried tier displaying typical geometric detail
The British Empire Exhibition was opened on St George’s Day, 23 April 1924, by King Edward V and Queen Mary at the Empire Stadium, London. Running for 6 months in 1924 and again in 1925 it set out to showcase and explore trading opportunities.
This showpiece exhibit displaying quality craftsmanship, solid joints and construction. Would make a fabulous lamp table or stand. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 51cm (20'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 74cm (29.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.