Chinese Antique Side Table, Rosewood And Marble, British Empire Exhibition 1924
Our Stock # 10.1811
This is a Chinese antique side table in rosewood and marble from the British Empire Exhibition of 1924.
- Good colour in the solid rosewood and marble
- Grain interest and desirable aged patina
- Bearing the original plate from the exhibition of 1924
- Inscribed with the two countries flags and 'British Empire Exhibition 1924. Chinese Restaurant'
- Inset marble to traditionally shaped top
- Swagged frieze with broad lozenge decoration
- Raised on shaped legs and outswept feet
- United by lower galleried tier displaying typical geometric detail
The British Empire Exhibition was opened on St George’s Day, 23 April 1924, by King Edward V and Queen Mary at the Empire Stadium, London. Running for 6 months in 1924 and again in 1925 it set out to showcase and explore trading opportunities.
This showpiece exhibit displaying quality craftsmanship, solid joints and construction. Would make a fabulous lamp table or stand. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 51cm (20'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 74cm (29.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World