Chiltern Bodgers Chair, High Wycombe, English, Yew, Elm, Windsor Circa 1948
Our Stock # 10.1800
This is a Chiltern Bodger's chair from the High Wycombe Area in the English countryside. Dating to circa 1948.
- Exceptional quality craftsmanship in yew and elm
- Made by H.E. Goodchild of the Dovecot, Naphill
- Good colour throughout with desirable aged patina
- Important and highly desirable historic piece
- Hoop back with triple pierced splats featuring gothic overtones
- Beautifully shaped arms rise on curved supports
- Very comfortable saddle seat slab
- Turned legs united by a crinoline stretcher
Hand written label beneath reads; "One of the last chairs made by sole survivor old Chiltern Craftsman H.E. Goodchild of the Dovecot Naphill nr High Wycombe Bucks Yew with Elm Seat Approx 1948 H.E.G. died 1st 12 1949"
Perfection! Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 56cm (22'')
Max Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Height: 90cm (35.5'')
Seat Width: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Depth: 38cm (15'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World